Re: [debian-knoppix] kernel source?

Klaus Knopper wrote:
On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 05:32:28PM -0600, Bill Eastman wrote:

Any idea on when the next knoppix iso will be out?

I'm currently working on a major rewrite of the harddisk/partition/filesystem
recognition and a fix for the PCMCIA problem some Dell notebooks have.

Unfortunately there are no KDE 3.0.5 packages for Sid out
yet (which is necessary because Knoppix uses the newer QT libraries and
XFree 4.2.1 as well as the gcc-3.2 compiler). I wrote to Ralf Nolden
about this, and they will be included whenever the packages appear on
ftp.kde.org.

ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/stable/3.0.5/Debian/sid

The 3.0.5 is a security fix for 3.0.4.
Or are you waiting on kde 3.1 which is due out soon?

If there are production grade KDE 3.1 packages out somewhere, that would
also be an option. I was planning to update the Knoppix version number to
3.2 when KDE 3.1 and Gnome2 are included, but don't have any usable
Debian packages yet.

ftp://ibiblio.org/pub/packages/desktops/kde/unstable/kde-3.1-rc3/src/