Re: [debian-knoppix] Perfromance

A les 10:14 04/12/20 +0100, Christophe Sauthier m'has escrit,

First of all thanks for the tips about changing the default language

It is done ! my first customized iso is outBut I notice that I've bad perfomances, with it and that the "traditionnal" knoppix is really faster that mine... Have you been using any kind of optimization tricks (like rebuilding your own debian packages from their sources ?) i've juste tried to change a fews stuffs like french OpenOffice or French Mozilla... I've also noticed that some software (like all xterms) didn't launch anymore, is there any relashionship ?

Take a look at the forums with information on how to remaster knoppix.
There are some scripts in order to improve performance. I don't know really what they do :-)

some usefull links
http://www2.linuxtag.net/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl  (oficial)
http://www.linuxtag.org/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=knoppix-en;action=display;num=1029373150

http://www.knoppix.net/ (not oficial, but with good tips)