Re: [debian-knoppix] Knoppix-light double-detecting SCSI disks

Hi Marc,

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 17:38:55 +0100, Marc Haber wrote:

> With 2.4.20-ac1, the system kernel panics after misdetecting the
> drives. The panic can only be seen in expert mode and happens even
> when a kernel command line not containing the hda=scsi .. hdh=scsi
> parameters is forced into syslinux.cfg.
[...]
> Knoppix works fine. However, I must be doing something wrong. Can
> anybody more familiar with SCSI Emulation please comment?

I don't think that the SCSI emulation interfers with any "real" SCSI
hardware. Even on pure IDE/ATA systems, hda=scsi only takes effect if
hda is a CDROM/CD-RW/DVD drive.
However I have no experience with kernel 2.4.20 so far.

bye,
  Chris
--
Christian Perle                                   perle@itm.tu-clausthal.de