[debian-knoppix] system hang when doing heavy file access

Hi
  I'm trying to copy whole knoppix into hard disk.

  There was a strange thing happened, when doing cp -Rp /KNOPPIX on the
knoppix, it hangs all the time. And I tryed
"find / -type f -exec md5sum {} \;" for test, it hanged again.

  I compile the cloop kernel module, and mount the Knoppix CD
    "sh /mnt/cdrom/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX /some/where/to/mount"
  and cp -Rp /KNOPPIX, it still frozen. :-(

  I'm not sure it's hardware problem or is a problem of "cloop" ? Does
anyone have this problem, too ?

-Rex