Re: Bad desktop performance with Linux 5.8

Georgi Naplatanov <gosho@oles.biz> writes:

> Linux kernel version (5.8) is old and unsupported (EOL) branch. Maybe
> you should wait for 5.9 to be available from backports or even 5.10 -
> this version will be LTS and next Debian stable version will probably
> use it. While waiting you can try to use 5.7 if possible.

Quick followup since 5.9 has just hit buster-backports: the symptoms
persist.

I don't mind hanging on to 5.7 and waiting until 5.10 to debug this
further; though if anyone has ideas of things I could try to
enable/disable/reconfigure to isolate the problem, I remain all ears.