Stretch and Power9 support

Hi,
several patch sets have been pushed upstream linux (few did not reach it
yet) concerning additional Power9 support (next 4.11 should support P9
pretty well).
Several of these sets were cherrypicked by Canonical into Zesty Zapus (4.10.0 kernel).

I understand stretch is going to have linux kernel 4.9.18 and experimental has
4.10 at the moment.

If I want to see those enablements into Debian, what is my best option ? :)
- submit backports of those sets into stretch's 4.9.18 : I'm not sure the Debian
  policy would allow that easily, right ?
  According to https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/ch03.en.html#maintain-stable
  those patches should be related to important bugs. As far as P9 is
  concerned, what does it correspond to ?
  http://kernel-handbook.alioth.debian.org/ch-bugs.html#s9.1.2 seems to
  say that hardware support can lead to "important" bugs.
- can we expect an upgrade to 4.10 or 4.11 in Stretch in a later point release ?
- when to expect 4.11 in Debian unstable/expererimental ?

Thanks a lot,

F.