Re: Testing versatile kernel on Raspberry Pi?

On Monday 25 January 2016 15:07:50 Ian Campbell wrote:
> > The armmp kernel flavour should now support the BCM2836 and the Pi 2,
>
> I missed this going in, thanks!
>
> > but *not* the BCM2835.  Also, Debian's armhf port is built for ARMv7
> > whereas the BCM2835 implements ARMv6.  Most of the peripherals are the
> > same between these two chips, so the driver names include 'bcm2835'.

Thanks Ian and Ben for the clarification!

> > I haven't yet had confirmation that it actually does work.

I just installed linux-image-4.4.0-trunk-armmp-lpae (as /proc/cpuinfo showed
lpae) and rebooted ... and that failed completely. I didn't even see the
message "Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel."

I'll grab the latest RPi firmware files and put that in the device and see
whether that makes any difference...