Re: bug#708346 please help, wlan not working

Le mar. 4 nov. 2014 à 19:20, perihana@openmail.cc a écrit :
hello.

Hi,

i did a fresh network install of debian wheezy 7.7. i have kernel 3.2.0-4-amd64

i have a laptop toshiba sattelite pro C850 - 1HG with the RTL8723AE wireless lan card.
Problem: Wireless Lan not working

basically i have the same problem as "dannycrafts" on the debian user forum: http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=114077

i also (like him) tried install firmware-realtek from wheezy-backports. no sucess. I can turn on and off a little red light with a keyboard shortcut for WLAN on/off but there is no WLAN available.

Please what can I do?

Wired network works fine of course. Also my Wireless Lan did work in the past with other Linux distributions.

Well, according to:

$git tag --contains c592e631bcec

the driver for your network controller has been first added in Linux 3.8, so please check if
the driver has been backported in the wheezy kernel using for example:

$grep RTL8723AE /boot/config-$(uname -r)

If this command reports nothing on the standard output, then I fear you’ll have to ask to the kernel team to backport this driver, or to use a more recent kernel version (from wheezy-backports for example).

Thank you in advance.

Cheers,
Vincent