Re: systemd - suggestions for the next version

On Mon, 2014-11-03 at 15:36 +0100, Hans wrote:
> Dear maintainers,
>
> I am running jessie with systemd. As I am using a construction other people
> might also use, please allow me to suggest some things, you should implement
> into systemd.
>
> My system has /, /boot, /home, /usr and /var on seperated partitions.
> The partitions /home, /usr and /var are luks-encrypted.
>
> As this profile, the follwing things should be implemented or at least
> considered (regarded?) in systemd before the release of jessie:
>
> - systemd should started, AFTER /usr is decrypted
>
> - systemd should be started AFTER /usr is mounted

This was implemented in initramfs-tools 0.117.  This is not yet in
jessie as these changes led to some serious regressions that have not
all been fixed.  But I think we will have this working soon and get it
into jessie.

> - systemd should be started AFTER an USB-stick, which contains a decryption
> key for the partitions is mounted and the decrypt-key for /usr (and maybe
> other partitions) is read and decrypted the needed partitions.
[...]

I don't know whether this works.

Power corrupts.  Absolute power is kind of neat.
                           - John Lehman, Secretary of the US Navy 1981-1987