Re: Bugs related to Linux package which are now orphan

On Sat, 2012-04-14 at 00:04 +0100, Manuel A. Fernandez Montecelo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have unpleasant news...
>
> I noticed that there are these orphan bugs (no maintainer set, the
> package that they are filed against is not present in Debian anymore).
>  They're about 121 (perhaps with some false positives), gathered from
> [1], and attached (the list "flattened" to single lines in a text
> file, easy to parse e.g. to extract bug numbers and reassign in bulk).
>
> [1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?maint=
>       ^- (yes, with empy "maint" parameter)

Thanks for pointing this out.

> What should be done with them, reassign?  To which package, then?

Any bug that probably affects/affected more than one binary package
should be reassigned to the current source package (src:linux-2.6 or
src:linux-tools).  I've reassigned and/or closed most of these.

It is easier to change the specification to fit the program than vice versa.