Re: Changes to Debian Installer release process

On Sat, Jul 30, 2011 at 17:04, Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> wrote:
>>  * Debian Installer daily builds to be done from source uploads
>>
>>    The daily builds will use the archive source for building so every
>> time we do a change in unstable in a module that is included in initrd
>> it will trigger a binNMU in all architectures replicating what we have
>> in daily builds. When source changes in debian-installer source
>> package are done, a new source upload will be required.
>
> Do the daily builds only uncover issues from building the initrd? A.k.a.
> will changes in packages other than the one in the initrd only have an
> effect on the install via genuine downloading from the archive at the
> time of the install?

Mostly; the only addition situation we'll need to rebuild the
installer is when the amount of translation changes for a specific
language so we get the 'translation-status' file updated into the
initrd.

Cheers,

--
Otavio Salvador                             O.S. Systems
E-mail: otavio@ossystems.com.br  http://www.ossystems.com.br