Re: Uploading linux-2.6 (3.0.0-1)

Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> schrieb:

> --=-oAGGyietHuyp77ujkKt4
>
> On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 17:24 +0200, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
>> On sam., 2011-07-23 at 15:05 +0200, Ben Hutchings wrote:
>> > If it's ready in time, we may also be able to add an 'rt' (real-time)
>> > featureset, initially for amd64 only.
>> >=20
>>=20
>> So featuresets are still somewhat supported / acceptable?
>
> They are still possible.  I think we don't really want long-lived
> featuresets and will be more open to features that look likely to be
> merged upstream.  The PREEMPT_RT patches are steadily being merged and I
> would expect to be able to provide rt flavours without use of a
> featureset patch in wheezy+1.

So, how to we proceed with the grsec flavour? We didn't come to
a real conclusion wrt to it.

I still very much want to see it merged and I'm still willing to
contribute to the maintenance, as is apparently Yves-Alexis (that's
what I'm reading of his question).

grsec will be long-lived since I don't think upstream will turn
sensible anytime soon. OTOH, if at some point Brad and the other
people behind grsecurity discontinue it, this would be a less severe
regression since the stoppage of providing a virtualisation flavour
like openvz.

Cheers,
        Moritz