Re: Kernel built with CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT

Hi,

I can help to build a kernel with rt. Yerterday the rt team uploaded the patches for 3.0 rc7.

http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/projects/rt/patches-3.0-rc7-rt0.tar.gz

On 20/07/11 03:06, Lars Segerlund wrote:

  Hello again,

  As for the RT kernel being old, here is some news :

https://www.osadl.org/Single-View.111+M5acfc476362.0.html
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-rt-users/msg06611.html

I'll test a patch

  It's just a remainder that the RT part is coming closer to mainline.

  bye ..

2011/7/11 Luis Henriques <luis.henrix@gmail.com
<mailto:luis.henrix@gmail.com>>

    Hi,
    Lars Segerlund <lars.segerlund@gmail.com
    <mailto:lars.segerlund@gmail.com>> writes:

     >  Hi,
     >
     >  Since it's possible to configure the kernel with the
    CONFIG_PREEMPT_RT since
     > 2.6.39 ... ( mainline ) , it would be supernice if there were
    prebuilt kernels
     > in debian ( sid ).
     >
     >  I just wanted to point this out and here what everyone thought
    about it.

     >  It would be a great boon for audio users, and for some RT tasks.
     >
     >  / regards, Lars Segerlund.

    Are you sure this is available on mainline?  I couldn't find any
    references to it.  AFAIK, its available only through the -rt patch.

    Also, the latest "official" version of this patch is 2.6.33.9-rt31, so
    there is no support for latter kernels.

    Cheers,
    --
    Luis Henriques