Re: aufs status in Linux

On Mon, 2011-07-11 at 03:58 +0800, Thomas Goirand wrote:
[...]
> I'm just seeking for advices and directions here. I wanted to know if,
> in your opinion, I should aim at unionmount rather than aufs, if using
> aufs right now is a bad idea, and if you think unionmount will be "soon"
> available for me to play with.
>
> A very quick answer would be enough...
[...]

We intend to continue including some sort of union filesystem for use in
Debian Live.  Until that's provided by upstream (union mounts, overlayfs
or something else) it will probably be aufs 2.

If there are bugs in aufs that affect Debian Live they must be handled
by the Debian Live team.  Any other bugs in it are likely to be
considered 'wontfix', and reporters will have to take them up with aufs
upstream developers.

Also if aufs is not updated for a new upstream kernel release, I don't
consider that a blocker for uploading to unstable.  It's up to the
release team to decide whether it's a blocker for testing.  However I
think this is not likely to be an issue.

Power corrupts.  Absolute power is kind of neat.
                           - John Lehman, Secretary of the US Navy 1981-1987