Re: Debian/m68k kernel (preview)

On Sat, 2011-04-23 at 21:00 +0000, Thorsten Glaser wrote:
> Christian T. Steigies dixit:
>
> >As Geert wrote, almost all patches will make it into the official kernel
> >tree, only m68k usually needs them a little sooner.
>
> OK, I’ve tracked down the patches that were indeed submitted,
> added the SLUB workaround, and prepared another source package.
> It’s currently building (cross, for speed of testing), but if
> you like, you can review the patch I’d ask the Debian Kernel
> Team to include later (if this works). My patch is based on
> linux-2.6_2.6.38-3 since that’s what was in main when I began,
> but should work against the scheduled -4, too. I’ve reduced
> the number of patches to what I think is the minimum needed.

You don't need to unset ECONET or X25 in debian/config/m68k/config; they
are explicitly unset in the top-level config.

> Some of the changes to debian/config/m68k/* were already in
> sid/2.6.32 in Debian but not in what was trunk back then, so
> I’ve re-added them. I think they come from Stephen Marenka.
>
> I don’t know how the ABI files are generated, there’s none for
> m68k yet. Please tell me if I have to do something.
[...]

They are based on the Module.symvers files generated during a build and
included in the linux-headers-* packages.  They are added to the *next*
version of the source package if we are intending to maintain the ABI,
using debian/bin/abiupdate.py.  If there has not been a successful build
of kernel version '2.6.38-2' for m68k then there is no need to add them.