Re: Dropping unversioned kernel links/copies; adding linux-version command

Elilo's perspective
On Fri, 2011-04-01 at 04:33 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> With version 3.2 of linux-base, I've added the command 'linux-version'
> which should make these things easier, and should help you to generate
> kernel version menus without the aid of links.
[Added the command 'linux-version' to what?]
the elilo efi binary doesnt generate a kernel list and loads versioned
filenames from the local efi boot partition defined in elilo.conf under
versioned labels just fine.
The elilo efi binary wouldnt need any change. Only the elilo debian
script would need to be changed to accomodate that I believe.

> If there are any remaining reasons to continue using the unversioned
> links, or additional features you think linux-version should provide,
> please let us know.
No objections.

was this adequate feedback?

-Jason