Re: git tree of svn://svn.debian.org/svn/kernel/dists/*/linux-2.6

On Mon, 2010-08-09 at 18:35 -0700, Jeff Carr wrote:
> Has someone made a git version of the svn kernel debian/ directory? I
> didn't want to put load on the svn server with git-svn without
> checking first.
>
> I do see the http://git.debian.org/?p=kernel/linux-2.6.git;a=summary
> and am trying to use that. I'm not sure how it is intended to be
> correctly used because it doesn't have the debian/ directory. I see
> the debian/2.6.35-rc5-1-experimental.1 tag.  Are there some
> instructions for building from this git tree?

This is an experimental repository that hopefully makes it easier to see
the patches we apply.  You can build packages from it using 'make
deb-pkg', but that's not what we do.

> Ultimately all I'm trying to do is track down a regression in the
> 2.6.33 and above kernels that cause the xorg not to work on a lenovo
> T61p.

If you're intending to run a bisection, don't bother with the Debian
package; it will only get in your way.  Take a clone of Linus's
repository.