Re: A question about hard disk names with recent kernels

On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 22:33 +0100, Ben Hutchings wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 09, 2010 at 06:39:26PM +0200, Svante Signell wrote:

Thanks for your clarifying comments (and to Steve Langasek too)

> > What about the (now commented out) fstab entry giving the usbflash the
> > name sdc??
> > # /dev/sdc   /mnt/usbflash   vfat    defaults,noauto,user  0  0
> [...]
>
> What about it?  I'm not going to attempt to parse comments.

The question was like: When I install an USB flash disk, what device
name would it be given (I assume /dev/sdd) when commented out. What
would have happened if the entry was not commented out and installing a
USB flash disk? Would udev get into problems?

Thanks anyway! Debian is great!
Svante