Re: Screen shifted left for Intel 13-530 clarkdale graphic unit and Acer AL2016W monitor

On Sun, 2010-02-28 at 11:35 -0500, Edward C. Jones wrote:
[...]
> Google shows that many people have had X configuration problems with
> this monitor.

Please provide URLs; I can't find them.

> But I am also having the same problem with the console.
> Since drivers are often in the kernel, I am writing to debian-kernel.
> Have I found a bug?  Anyone know how to solve my problem?

We have now enabled KMS (Kernel Mode Setting) for Intel GPUs, so the
mode setup is indeed done by the i915 driver in the kernel.

This sounds more like a bug in the monitor firmware than a bug in the
driver... but still, it is probably possible for the driver to work
around it.  I suggest you report a bug at
<http://bugzilla.freedesktop.org> under product 'DRI', component
'DRM/Intel'.

Horngren's Observation:
                   Among economists, the real world is often a special case.