Re: Standardizing use of kernel hook scripts

On Wed, Apr 01 2009, Frans Pop wrote:

> - using debhelper would probably imply running a clean target and that's
>   one of the reasons why I very much prefer deb-pkg over make-kpkg:
>   build times with deb-pkg are significantly lower

        When I ditched the debian/official support in the new make-kpkg,
 I get times as fast as the usptream; since nothing is rebuilt. We can
 smiply remove ./debian, and things are still fast, since only things
 that upstream kbuild thinks need to be remade are remade, and calling
 dpkg is not that slow.

        I am experimenting with the idea that every time you call
 make-kpkg, it recreates ./debian; which means if you have made any
 changes, they are silently incorporated in ./debian/changelog.

        I routinely use make-kpkg now from the git directory, and even
 after a git pull, very little work is done to rebuild the .deb.

        manoj

--
Just don't make the '9' format pack/unpack numbers...  :-) Larry Wall in
<199710091434.HAA00838@wall.org>