Re: Standardizing use of kernel hook scripts

On Wednesday 01 April 2009, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Apr 2009, maximilian attems wrote:
> > what be cool would be to have it use debhelper instead of the
> > dpkg call.

I disagree. deb-pkg only creates a two binary packages. It's not a
"normal" package build process at all and the direct dpkg call is
perfectly suited for that.

Also:
- the lack of orig.tgz would probably break debhelper/dpkg-buildpackage
  anyway
- using debhelper would probably imply running a clean target and that's
  one of the reasons why I very much prefer deb-pkg over make-kpkg:
  build times with deb-pkg are significantly lower

> also a linux header and linux-libc-dev package creation.

I've had that thought as well, but please as a _separate_ build target (or
somehow optional). Same maybe for a -doc package.