Why is kernel-image-2.6.18-4-amd64 not available?

Hi,

I have a machine-in-production which is running a quite-old kernel in Debian Sarge, and I need to update it. Upgrading to Etch is not a chance, so I am trying to install a 2.6.18 kernel using Debian Backports. But, when I have a look to Backports web page...

   http://packages.debian.org/sarge-backports/linux-image-2.6-amd64

The package is not available!!! I am trying to extract some information from the web, but I cannot discover the reason because of this package is not available. Anyone could help me? Why this package is not available? Is there any alternative to obtain a recent, binary kernel for Debian Sarge?

Thanks in advance,

Álvaro Polo Valdenebro
Telefónica Investigación y Desarrollo
C/ Emilio Vargas 6