planning/schedule for iwl4965 stuff in 2.6.22

Hi,
I have a computer using a wireless chipset needing the iwl4965 module
(and the mac80211 too), as well as the relevant firmware.

Things are already packaged in some debian derived distros (Ubuntu Gutsy
for example [1]), but I dont want to use them (I love Debian).

I can bear waiting for the support of my wireless chipset, but time
seems to be shorter when knowing approximately how long to wait :)

So I have one question:

Would you know when the Sid kernel will support the Intel 4965 chipset?
(To do so, firmware must be loaded to)

Thank you.

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/linux.debian.user/browse_thread/thread/4bbf607e680b9994/3a5bea9b04070cf4