Re: Is linux-image-2.6-k7 required?

Please reply to the list and not just to me.

On Tue, May 29, 2007 at 04:45:12PM -0700, Phillip Pi wrote:
> Hmm, wasn't I running etch? I still would like to get 2.6.18 fixes.

I'd have to say no since 2.6.21 is not in etch.

> $ cat /etc/apt/sources.list |grep etch
> deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main contrib non-free
> $ cat /etc/apt/sources.list |grep sid
> deb http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sid main
> deb-src http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/debian sid main
> deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main

I suggest you follow this process to identify where its coming from:
 1) Comment out a sources.list entry
 2) apt-get update
 3) apt-get install linux-image-2.6-k7
 4) If it still wants to install 2.6.21, goto 1
 5) The last line you commented out is the problem

> I thought it was odd to see today's dist-upgrade wanted 2.6.21 Kernel.
> Am I missing something? Should I post my whole sources.list file?

Feel free, but the above process should be sufficient for identifying
the problem.

--
dann frazier