[SRM] kernel updates for oldstable

As previously noted[1], a 2.6 kernel security update is pending for
sarge that changes the ABI. This update has now been NEW-processed,
and a DSA should be released soon. I've spoken with Frans, and the
plan is to do a spin of d-i ASAP as oldstable installs are
currently rather broken. This respin would also include this ABI
change.

Since we're spinning d-i anyway, I thought I'd see if we could get
some other non-security changes in there anyway. We've had some stuff
queued for way too long (since before sarge released even). I
re-examined each of the issues yesterday, and ended up with the
following changes, most of which are things Horms had queued for a
stable update (though I did drop 3 changes that I felt were of less
than important severity), and a few that we've identified since.

I have started builds across all of the architectures - I think the
final one will complete tomorrow morning. If there are no objections
to any of the proposed changes (or requests for an extended review
cycle), I'll plan to upload tomorrow evening after some testing.

kernel-source-2.6.8 (2.6.8-17) oldstable; urgency=high

  [ Simon Horman ]
  * drivers-net-via-rhine-wol-oops.dpatch (removed):
    This patch breaks the via-rhine driver and 2.6.8 and is
    completely bogus for this version of the kernel
    (closes: #311357)

  * drivers-media-vidio-bttv-vc100xp-detect.dpatch
    Allow Leadtek WinFast VC100 XP cards to work.

  * fs-jbd-checkpoint-assertion.dpatch
    Fix possible false assertion failure in log_do_checkpoint(). We might fail
    to detect that we actually made a progress when cleaning up the checkpoint
    lists if we don't retry after writing something to disk.

  * mm-rmap-out-of-bounds-pte.dpatch
    Stop try_to_unmap_cluster() passing out-of-bounds pte to pte_unmap()

  * net-ipv4-netfilter-ip_queue-deadlock.dpatch
    Fix deadlock with ip_queue and tcp local input path.

  * asm-i386-mem-clobber.dpatch:
    Make sure gcc doesn't reorder memory accesses in strncmp and friends on
    i386.

  * drivers-acpi-pci_irq-elcr.dpatch:
    Make sure we call acpi_register_gsi() even for default PCI interrupt
    assignment. That's the part that keeps track of the ELCR register, and we
    want to make sure that the PCI interrupts are properly marked level/low.

  [ dann frazier ]
  * Merge in applicable fixes from 2.6.12.4
     - netfilter-deadlock-ip6_queue.dpatch
     - rocket_c-fix-ldisc-ref-count.dpatch
     - early-vlan-fix.dpatch

  [ Simon Horman ]
  * drivers-sata-promise-sataii_tx2_tx4.dpatch
    Add SATAII TX2 and TX2/TX4 support to sata promise driver
    (Closes: #317286)

  * module-per-cpu-alignment-fix.dpatch
    Module per-cpu alignment cannot always be met
    From 2.6.12.5

  * genelink-usbnet-skb-typo.dpatch
    fix gl_skb/skb type error in genelink driver in usbnet
    Backported From 2.6.12.6

  * drivers-ide-ppp-pmac-build.dpatch
    Make sure BLK_DEV_IDEDMA_PCI is defined for pmac ide driver builds
    (closes: #321442)

  * fs-ext3-nfs-parent-fix.dpatch
    ext3 file systems mounted over nfs may lookup .. in dx directories
    causing an oops.
    (closes: #323557)

  * sparc-request_irq-in-RTC-fix.dpatch
    Use SA_SHIRQ in sparc specific code.
    From 2.6.13.1

  * forcedeth-init-link-settings-in-nv_open.patch
    forcedeth: Initialize link settings in every nv_open()
    From 2.6.13.2

  * fix-MPOL_F_VERIFY.patch
    Fix MPOL_F_VERIFY
    From 2.6.13.2

  * fix-more-byte-to-dword-writes-to-PCI_ROM_ADDRESS-config-word.patch
    Fix up more strange byte writes to the PCI_ROM_ADDRESS config word
    From 2.6.13.2

  * yenta-oops-fix.patch
    yenta oops fix
    From 2.6.13.3

  * fix-de_thread-BUG_ON.patch
    Fix fs/exec.c:788 (de_thread()) BUG_ON
    From 2.6.13.3

  * ipv6-fix-per-socket-multicast-filtering.patch
    fix IPv6 per-socket multicast filtering in exact-match case
    From 2.6.13.3

  * ipvs-ip_vs_ftp-breaks-connections.patch
    ipvs: ip_vs_ftp breaks connections using persistence
    From 2.6.13.3

  * ieee1394-sbp2-fixes-for-hot-unplug-and-module-unloading.dpatch
    ieee1394/sbp2: fixes for hot-unplug and module unloading
    From 2.6.13.4

  * fix-sparc64-fpu-register-corruption.dpatch
    [SPARC64]: Fix userland FPU state corruption.
    From 2.6.13.4

  [ dann frazier ]
  * drivers-block-raw-ioctl2.dpatch, drivers-block-ioctl-enotty.dpatch:
    Fix a bug in the block layer that causes a bootloader installation
    error under certain conditions - breaks installation on cciss devices.
    (closes: #354493)
  * Fix data corruption with dm-crypt over RAID5 (closes: #336153)
  * Fix VLAN support for 3c59x/90x series hardware (closes: #349774)
  * Fix erroneous calculation of 'len' parameter to NLMSG_PUT resulting in
    bogus 'error during NLMSG_PUT' messages (closes: #372621)
  * hp-diva-rmp3.dpatch, hp-diva-hurricane.dpatch:
    Add PCI IDs for newer Diva console ports

 -- dann frazier <dannf@debian.org>  Sat, 26 May 2007 01:56:24 -0600

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2007/04/msg01032.html

--
dann frazier