Re: ipv6-disallow-RH0-by-default.patch causes a paging request error on the NSLU2

On Fri, May 11, 2007 at 12:05:27AM -0600, Gordon Farquharson wrote:
> Hi Dann
>
> The backported patch bugfix/ipv6-disallow-RH0-by-default.patch you
> checked into the etch branch of the kernel causes the kernel to issue
> the message, "Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual
> address 6261746d" (see boot log below) on the Linksys NSLU2 (arm). The
> system boots successfully with all of the rest of the patches in
> series 13 applied. I can still ssh to the system, but the system is
> not stable. For instance, ifconfig never finishes running. Below the
> boot log, I have included the active process list after running
> ifconfig.
>
> It looks like the first version of the original patch in 2.6.20 and
> 2.6.21 was broken [1], The fix for the broken patch in 2.6.21 was
> committed after 2.6.21 was released [2] and is included in 2.6.21.1. I
> haven't looked at your backported version enough to see if the problem
> is the same as the problem described in the original patch.

Thanks a lot for testing those snapshots, I'm glad you caught this.
Unfortunately, this code changed a great deal between 2.6.18 and
2.6.20 - in fact, 2.6.18 didn't support the type 2 route headers.

I'll revert for now and recommit when this is resolved.

--
dann frazier