no dma on ide with current .config

Package: linux-image-2.6.15-1-686
Version: 2.6.15-8

Hi

If I use the above kernel I get no dma on my root device which is an ide
disk. If I manually compile the kernel and set the CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDE=y
then it works. It says in the configuration help of the kernel:

"Do not compile this driver as a module if your root file system (the
one containing the directory /) is located on an IDE device."

I think this is a rather bad behaviour as a lot of people are using ide
drives. I suggest that Debian should set the .config option to y if it
does not break anything else.

/Martin Andersson