Re: Suggestions for module-assistant improvement

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 11:49:19AM -0700, Jurij Smakov wrote:
> 3. There is some ad hoc magic present to map the Debian arch to the kernel
> arch (which is currently implemented only for sparc). I think a more
> scalable way is to make a helper script, which would do it correctly for
> all arches.

A simple solution may something similar to make kernelrelease:
- Add a file .kernelarch.
- Add a target kernelarch.
- Make that value override ARCH if not specified from outside.

Bastian

--
Insults are effective only where emotion is present.
		-- Spock, "Who Mourns for Adonais?"  stardate 3468.1