Re: removal of svenl from the project

On Tue, Mar 14, 2006 at 09:01:09PM -0500, Andres Salomon wrote:
> Some might argue that we should just kick him from the channel and
> remove his commit access to the debian-kernel project, but that does not
> solve the problem of him abusing other teams, as well as his abusive
> mailing list posts.  He also {co-,}maintains some 47 packages, which
> means users for those packages will have to deal w/ him as well.  I

I don't know if you've a clue about Sven's behaviour in teams other then
debian-kernel. I do have a clue about Sven's behaviour in the
debian-ocaml-maint team, which he founded and which I joined something
like 5 years ago. That team collaboratively maintains some 30 packages
now and Sven is still an active part of it.

He has always been a valuable contributor of the team, happy to hacking
and to discuss with other people in order to reach common goals.
Discussing with him may be sometimes difficult, that's true, but hey: if
we are supposed to be a community, we need to learn to accept each other
peculiarities! In my experience, Sven has always done more good than
harm to the debian-ocaml-maint team.

So far, I have never took the time to study the detail of the expulsion
process, so sorry if this mail is inappropriate. But be sure that I will
do everything I can as a DD to stop Sven's expulsion.

Cheers.