Re: timeline for next kernel update round

On Tue, 2006-03-14 at 21:46 +0100, Andreas Barth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> as we're now on track in getting sarge r2 out, I'm interessted when the
> next kernel update should happen - and of course if there is something
> important from your side. As far as I understood, that update will be an
> ABI-change, which means: we need to rebuild the installer. Is that
> correct?

This build has been submitted to the security team and jmm is working on
getting that uploaded to stable/updates.  So it should happen real soon
now.  And yes, it is indeed an ABI change.

If you decide to include this update in r2, d-i will need to be prepared
first.  We have not yet prepared the kernel udebs for the d-i roll, or
made changes to the sarge branch of d-i to incorporate it.

Thanks for contacting us about this; I was planning on sending you an
e-mail this afternoon.