Re: [Pkg-xen-devel] Re: Packaing Xen 3.0 etc for Debian

On Tue, Feb 28, 2006 at 09:59:17AM +0100, maximilian attems wrote:
> xen 3.0 is out since the 6th of december!
> so it has seen considerable amount of production use since.
> as the xen userspace is tightly integrated to the xen kernel,
> it makes a lot of sense to release both in the same run.

The current package from pkg-xen is not releasable.

- Overwrites xen binary package without an upgrade procedure.
- Uses xen as source name, which at least the kernel team knows that
  this may easily break if more than one version is needed.
- All core binary packages lacks the version in the name.
- The installed xen image lacks a version in there name and another
  identification, which type it is.
- The hg-to-dist script is crap as hg is not able to show me the
  revision of the working copy, only the revision of the repo. As they
  propose that to build release tars, this will sooner or later break
  there releases.

> waldi is packaging the xen kernel in the linux-2.6 way.
> i'm confident that those packages get further enhanced.

Already mostly done.

Bastian

--
Power is danger.
		-- The Centurion, "Balance of Terror", stardate 1709.2