Re: ncr5380/mac

Wouter Verhelst a écrit :

On Sat, Feb 25, 2006 at 03:30:13PM -0800, Brad Boyer wrote:
The mac_scsi driver always had a bug where multiple devices being
used at the same time on one bus could fail due to reselection
timeout. I don't remember that bug being permanently fixed. The
error message you included looked very similar to that one. Some
default boot settings use a kernel command line option to change
some settings in the mac_scsi driver (mac5380=4,2). I don't
remember for sure what the arguments do exactly, but if you
search back through the archives, there is probably some stuff.

It's "mac53c9x=-1,0"

The first number selects how many SCSI buses you have. If you say "-1",
it means that you do not want to touch the kernel autodetection (which
you do), otherwise you just specify a number which represents the number
of buses you have.

The second number is either 1 or 0, and enables(1) or disables(0) SCSI
disconnects. Use of this option will make it go much (much!) slower, but
it will stop hanging. Because of the speed issues, 1 is the default.

I try mac53c9x=-1,0 but box is not happy,

Since ncr5380 is a _generic_ controller and the chip on board is AH8662c4 -not a NCR 53c96 - there is other command line option ?

Thanks again.

Regards,

Eugen Paiuc