Re: Kernel2.6.15: time runs two times faster then should.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 09:06:09PM +0100, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> On Fri, Feb 24, 2006 at 09:00:49PM +0100, Dietmar Sieger wrote:
> > Any hint what to do, or where to search?
>
> known problem related due to broken hardware.
>
> Try the following boot parameter:
>
> disable_timer_pin_1

Can you be a little more specific? I've been pulling my hair over this, we
have a bunch of (different) AMD64 boxes, and only the one I got has this
problem, and I could not fix it with ntp, chrony, or rdate cron jobs...
I just had two identical machines on my desk to set up, so they will have
the same problem? Is this a mainboard "feature"? A little search tells me
this might be nvidia related, but IIRC all our boxed have nvidia chipsets,
only mine was the first dual core. The dual CPU machine has no clock
problems...

Can this be mentioned in the linux-image package somewhere? I am sure more
people will experience this problem...

Christian