Kernel2.6.15: time runs two times faster then should.

Hello,

i have the problem that the (linux-)time on my machine runs two times faster
then the real time.
It is not a problem off the real time clock.
It looks like, that the calculation ticks vs. seconds goes wrong.

I tried some changes around (USER_HZ, HZ, adjtime) but do not found the
right place to correct it.

The machine is an HP pavillon with AMD64 3500+.
PCI ATI IXP.
I have the problem with 2.6.12, 2.6.14, 2.6.15 as images and when i use
the source. It remains when using 2.6.15 AMD64.

Any hint what to do, or where to search?

Thanks
Dietmar