Re: 2.6.16 changes (was: Re: preparing 2.6.15-7 and 2.6.16-rc3, take two)

Hello,

On Thu, Feb 23, 2006 at 07:09:59PM +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> Next changes may be:
> - Support to specify used config snippets. I don't really like to
>   duplicate files.
> - Add smp alternatives patch[1] from akpm tree (this may be merged
>   anyway in the next time), and remove UP flavours in favour.

The mandatory qestion is: Are there benchmarks proving the impact is
negligible? I guess Ben Collins and others from Ubuntu did do benchmark
this before activating the changes in their kernels?

> - Add x86_64 images for i386[2].

I'll have a look at this soon.

> > If we want we can upload between thursday and friday.
>
> If yes, we should do that now.

I agree; if nobody objects, we should upload soon.

Best regards
Frederik Schueler

--
ENOSIG