Re: 2.6.15 kernel sarge backport and udevs ... (Was: making udev require 2.6.15 kernels)

On Feb 13, Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:

> Do you have already done backport packages, for running 2.6.15 and beyond
> kernels on a sarge system, or are there real problem with trying to do this ?
I do not believe in backports, but here you can find a backported udev:

I do not know nor I care how it works, but you can find in the
changelog some notes about why the versioned dependencies are required
and you can easily drop the m-i-t and dbus ones with minor fixes to their