Re: Including a low-latency kernel images in Debian for use with CDD DeMuDi.

On Sat, Feb 11, 2006 at 11:41:46PM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Hi,

> > > Yes, I think it's too large a patch to include unconditionally into
> > > mainline Debian kernel.
> >
> > A patch ? What exactly are you speaking about ? I was talking about preempt,
> > which is now part of the mainline 2.6 tree, but not enabled by default.
>
> -RT patch is a large tree that Ingo is maintaining outside of kernel tree.

Ah, ok, so this would be the same situation as the xen or vserver patches,
which we already have subarchitectures (maybe not very well named).

I would counsel you to get a svn checkout of the linux-2.6 package, and
investigate into what Bastian did for vserver, and do something similar.

I can add you to the alioth project if you want to commit stuff, altough i
think that maybe the exp branch (targeted as 2.6.16) would be best placed to
do this kind of work.