Re: 2.6.14 status summary, and upcoming 2.6.15 ...

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 02:23:32AM +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 00:13:50 +0100
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> wrote:
>
> > Jonas, maybe you would feel like adding a wiki page with the arch
> > status or something ?
>
> Sorry - I don't understand - what do you want different from the arch
> status notes on http://wiki.debian.org/InitrdReplacementOptions ?

What i really like is a summary of any remaining showstoppers for not moving
2.6.14-4 kernels to testing, from a yaird perspective. Well, from a
yaird+initramfs-tools perspective probably.

The point is to ensure that no users are left out in the cold with no upgrade
path and a broken kernel if we do so. What about 328534 for example, altough i
suppose this one is mergeable with the other dpt_io bug. I was tempted to
reassign a clone thereof to yaird + initramfs-tools.

BTW, also, about ia64 situation, is it possible to use yaird in initrd case
still ? I know Eric was disabling this for 0.12, but we are still using 0.11 ?