Re: [kernel] r4732 - in dists: sid trunk

On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 08:26 +0100, Bastian Blank wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 06, 2005 at 05:45:16PM -0700, dann frazier wrote:
> > > Hu? It disappeared without notice.
> > If I'd been working on the tree at the time, I probably would've whined
> > then too.
>
> The development version disappeared.
>
> > A little more ranting... I don't like that we're using a temporal layout
> > because it means moves are always happening.  svn lets us move stuff,
> > which is a great feature, but the way we're using it is an abuse of this
> > feature (imo).
>
> Hu? Why does it disappear in the first time?
>
> > To avoid being one that complains without providing an alternate
> > suggestion - what if we tracked things by upstream kernel version?
> >
> > linux-2.6/2.6.12/
> > linux-2.6/2.6.14/
>
> Please explain what this will fix?

Its one way to prevent trees from being moved around in svn.  2.6.14
would always be under linux-2.6/2.6.14 (or whatever) - at least as long
as that tree is still being maintained.  I wouldn't have to worry about
an svn up moving a tree out from under me, which happens way too often
these days.