Re: Sid linux-2.6 in SVN (Was: linux-2.6_2.6.14-2_hppa.changes ACCEPTED)

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 10:15:01AM +0100, Christian T. Steigies wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 09:56:08AM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 01:10:20PM +0900, Horms wrote:
> > >
> > > Christian, just a heads up. The linux-2.6 in sid is, as of yesterday,
> > > in sid/linux-2.6. This is what was up until yesterday trunk/linux-2.6.
> > >
> > > Don't shoot the messanger :)
>
> Because of the spelling?
>
> > And it wasn't me this time :)
>
> I must have left a violent impression somehow. I do have a license from the
> government NOT to kill, doesn't say anything about maiming though >;->

Well, svn has this unnice thingy that it *may* erase local changes when the
tree containing it dissapears in the repo.

> Does this change mean I don't have to chase a moving target anymore?

well, sid is 2.6.14, and will stay until 2.6.15 is released, i think it will
remain pretty stable, except for security fixes and some added patches.

> BTW another question, what is the deal with klibc? My buildd refused to
> build it, since it is marked not for m68k. What is needed to make it build
> on m68k?

No idea, but yaird should work fine, right ? Maybe a bit of patching is
needed, but it should be pretty straigthforward.