Re[2]: ACL patches in Debian 2.4 series kernel.

Hello Horms,
Tuesday, August 9, 2005, 11:24:18 AM, you wrote:

>> To  quote  Andreas Gruenbacher, "This was fixed in version 0.8.72. The bug
>> was  in  function  ext2_xattr_cmp and ext3_xattr_cmp: They did not compare
>> the e_name_index field."

H> Thanks, I have been able to narrow the problem down to the following
H> change
H> http://acl.bestbits.at/pipermail/acl-devel/2005-February/001848.html
H> (patch attached), which SuSE seem to regard as a security bug
H> http://www.novell.com/linux/security/advisories/2005_18_kernel.html
H> however it does not appear to have a CAN number.
H> I am putting the attached fix into SVN for both 2.4.27 and 2.6.8.

Thank  you  very much. I will patch my 2.4.26 and 27 kernels and live with
2.4.x  for  some  more  time on my production servers, before switching to
2.6.x.

--

 Fabio "Kurgan" Muzzi

Mi piacciono i bambini, ma non riesco a mangiarne uno intero!