Re: Preparing the first security update for kernel-source-2.6.8

On Tue, Jun 28, 2005 at 10:36:15PM +0200, Frederik Schueler wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to start preparing a seurity update for kernel-source-2.6.8
> in sarge, wich released with version 2.6.8-16.
>
> In sarge-security we have an old 2.6.15sarge1 wich never got released.
>
> Does anyone object if I update those sources to the revision in sarge,
> and we start building 2.6.8-16sarge1 from it?
>
> I already got some patches from the ubuntu 2.6.8 kernel package addressing
> the following 5 issues:
>
> CAN-2005-0756
> CAN-2005-1265
> CAN-2005-1762
> CAN-2005-1763
> CAN-2005-1765
>
> and these 3 still need to be addressed:
>
> CAN-2005-1764
> CAN-2005-0449 #295949
> CAN-2005-0356 #310804
>

> if nobody objects, I would like to commit my changes.

Hi,

I have been thinking of making some updates too.
So far I have just been trolling the 2.6.11.X and 2.6.12.X patch sets.
This is primarily intented as a base for rc1 rather than a security
update, as almost none of the fixes are security related.

I think the best thing to do would be for you to go ahead and
start a 2.6.8-16sarge1 in cvs. I will then grab those patches
and put them into what I am working on for 2.6.8-17.

We also need to think about 2.4.27, but I was planning to do that
after 2.6.8 is in the bag.

--
Horms