Re: Looking for stable > 2.6.10 kernel-source package

On Sat, Jun 18, 2005 at 07:42:54PM -0700, Mark Fletcher wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I'm looking for a stable 2.6.10 or later kernel source
> package. The latest kernel-source package in stable
> seems to be 2.6.8. I find this a bit odd since 2.6.10
> came out at Christmas last year...
>
> Can anyone advise where I can get a debian package of
> 2.6.10 or later kernel source or should I just get it
> from kernel.org?

2.6.8 was chosen for sarge, because at the time we had to make a choice,
which was many, many months ago, it was the best choice.
There was some discussion of switching to 2.6.10, but it was
decided that it was too late in the release cycle.

If you want a newer kernel, 2.6.11 is in unstable and this should
drop straigt into sarge. 2.6.12 should be available shortly.
2.6.10 is no longer supported.

--
Horms