kernel-2.6.x-k6

Hi, you all,

I could first install debain-sarge on a very old laptop I had (100Mhz,
24Mb ram) with no problems, and installed an "extremely performative" 2.6 kernel on it. The improvement from the 2.4 kernel was clearly manifest.

Very recently I got a compaq armada 100s, with amd k-6 on it. I proceeded to install debian on it. The net-install from floppy was extremely smooth. However, I found myself left with a kernel 2.4.

Will it ever happen to find a proper 2.6.x-k6 kernel image in the
debian-stable repository?

Eventually, thanks for considering my question.

Thanks for the excellent job, however.

							Emanuele Rodo.

NB_ The custom 2.6 kernel myself is apparently much faster than the 2.4.27
one. However, it lacks of both udev support (i don't know how to set it while
compiling the kernel) and a proper pcmcia capability, so that I can't
use the 2.6 while being connected with the outer world.