Re: mkinitrd & relative path

Hi dear initrd maintainers,

I'd like to make notice of a few caveats with the

    /usr/sbin/mkinitrd  (debian version 0.1.81.1)

command.

1) email address  in the script header

does not make mention of the  initrd-tools@packages.debian.org
email, so I contacted  Herbert Xu which is not the maintainer for
Debian.

2) bug with mkinitrd & relative path

I ran into trouble when using mkinitrd with relative path,
example :

    mkinitrd -o ./my_file

With this line the my_file is created into

    /tmp/mkinitrd.XXX/my_file

Then gets deleted on mkinitrd exit :-( .
It took me a while to debug and see that it's a CWD related issue.

I may deliver a small patch that fix this issue (keep track of CWD)
if you wish.

Thanks for your attention.

Have a nice day :)

--