Re: SCSI MPT drivers - why compiled as a module?

Sunday, June 5, 2005, 7:12:00 AM, you wrote:
> Is there a database of required modules needed to support
> shipping hardware from major vendors such as HP, Dell, etc?  I
> assume SuSE & Dell might have such a list?

> A Wiki might even suffice, associating specific hardware with tested kernels.

I am not sure if we understand each other. Debian kernel already
includes drivers nedded to support my SCSI Adapter. These drivers are
also included in original linux kernel. The problem is that I
can't/don't know how to boot system from Debian kernel when boot
partition is situated on a disk connected through that SCSI adapter. I
suppose this is because the drivers are compiled as a module.