Re: IDE drivers

On Friday 03 June 2005 04:49, maximilian attems <debian@sternwelten.at> wrote:

> > > the sarge kernel is frozen.
> >
> > Frozen at <10% disk IO performance for many machines...
>
> i don't agree.

What do you disagree about?  Do you believe that the Debian kernels will
support DMA on all IDE devices?  Do you believe that without DMA good
performance will be delivered?

> but your waving is definetly a bit late in that release game...

I posted to the list as soon as I noticed the problem.

As the Debian kernels are apparently going to remain unusable for me I won't
be testing them much in future.  So the next time there's a bug of this
nature you shouldn't be expecting any advance notice from me.