Re: Sarge Sound Problems

On Wed, 2005-01-06 at 16:56 +0200, maximilian attems wrote:
> On Wed, 01 Jun 2005, Guy Hulbert wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 2005-31-05 at 11:52 -0400, Guy Hulbert wrote:
> > > Please excuse the cross-post, I have subscribed to all three lists and
> > > will unsubscribe from as many as I can as soon as I find out where this
> > > should be directed.
> >
> > I have had a couple of private replies on this issue which have been
> > somewhat helpful.  I guess I'll file an RC bug against the kernel to see
> > if that wakes anyone up :-).
> >
> > The debian-qa archive for this month seems to be very low-traffic and
> > mostly spam so I have dropped it from the CC list.
>
> you don't seem very polite,

Sorry, I'll try to improve.

> so no one dares to answer you on public,

First time for me.

> bad attitude that crossposting, dropped release.
> they have stuff to work on.

Okey-doke.  I interpret this to mean that I should not post to -testing.

> the sarge kernel is 2.6.8, as everybody knowns that's not the best
> alsa incarnation. if your sound is not working pick up 2.6.11 from

I had found this when I was researching ALSA.  But it seemed to work at
first.  The problem now is that my system crashes hard when I am running
only evolution (with gnome of course).  I have turned the sound chip OFF
on the mobo since this morning.

> unstable.
> and no that certainly not an rc bug.

It certainly seems RC to me.  Christoph Beier reported similar hard
crashes.

> you might better ask on an debian-user list for nicer guidance.

I can't quite parse the English here so I'll have to ignore it.

--
--gh