Re: Why not CONFIG_BLK_DEV_OFFBOARD?

Horms wrote:
On Sun, Nov 21, 2004 at 10:55:54PM +0100, Joachim Nilsson wrote:
Is there any particular reason as to why CONFIG_BLK_DEV_OFFBOARD
is not enabled in a standard Debian kernel?   I'm running Sarge
with a home grown 2.4.27 due to _only this_ so from time to time
it's a bit annoying.
Seems reasonable to me. Though I am a bit reluctant to change such a
thing this late in the cycle.

You still have to supply the ide=reverse parameter to the kernel
to actually enable it at boot time, so it's quite safe...

 /Jocke