Re: 2.4.27-6 source and i386 images available for testing

On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 03:20:16PM +0000, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> * Horms <horms@debian.org> [2004-11-25 15:20]:
> > I have addressed the elf loader issue and one or two other problems I
> > had outstanding and built some kernel-source and kernel-image-i386
> > packages, both are versioned 2.4.27-6.
>
> Thanks.  Does the ELF issue have a CAN number you could mention in the
> changelog?

I couldn't find one when I looked. If anyone has a CAN entry for it
please let me know.

> Also, it would be good to talk to Joey Hess before
> uploading the kernel, but I don't see how uploading it to unstable
> would hurt d-i.  Later we can update the d-i kernels and re-build the
> images.

Yes, I agree. As I understand the d-i kernel and the non-d-i kernel
don't need to be the same.

I assumed Joey was reading this thread, I have CCed him to increace
the chances of that.

As per the mail you sent me about the SMB problems.
I have new packages in the pipeline that address that problem.
I also took the opportunity to review all the changesets that
have been applied to 2.4 since 2.4.27 and isolated a bunch
of other bugs that look pretty nasty. I tried to pair this down
as much as possible. I hope to have new packages that test these
changes out by COB today. Watch this space.

--
Horms